This is considered to be a very important aspect of school life and an indicator of a desire to set high standards. It is expected that children will come to school appropriately dressed. Uniform is compulsory and we are confident that parents/carers want their children to feel part of our community. Wearing school specific clothing helps this process.
Our policy for dress is designed to be:
- appropriate for school activities
- supportable by all concerned – parents, carers, pupils, staff and the academy advisory committee
- encouraging of community spirit and identity
- easily obtainable, maintainable and inexpensive
For a full copy of the Academy’s Uniform Policy click here.
There is a common list for boys and girls, appropriate for both summer and winter wear.
- A white school shirt
- A navy jumper with the Elm logo
- A navy and gold striped school tie
- Black trousers/skirt which need to be tailored (no leggings or tight fitting trousers or any visible zips, buckles, buttons or belts)
- Plain sensible black school shoes (no coloured or logoed trainers, Ugg boots or backless shoes). Any student arriving at Elm in inappropriate footwear will be expected to borrow black plimsolls for the day, only letters from a doctor or hospital will be accepted
- Black or white socks only
- The only jewellery to be worn is a watch, and a pair of small stud earrings
- Extreme hair-cuts (i.e. below Grade 2) / Tramlines, coloured hair using unnatural hair colours or blocked two tone hair colours are NOT permitted
- Facial or tongue piercings are NOT permitted
- No nail varnish, acrylic nails or nail art
For PE and Games your child will need The Elm Academy PE Top, black/navy shorts shorts, the Elm Academy PE jumper and a pair of plimsolls or black trainers. A black track suit bottoms, with no logos, are useful on cold winter days. Pupils will be informed of their allocated PE days and should wear their PE Kits into school on those days.
All PE Kit is to be purchased from here – https://starsportswear.co.uk/product-category/elm-academy/
Gymnastics and dance are undertaken in bare feet as recommended. Trainers are advocated for outside PE to protect the children’s feet.
Reception and Year 1 Children:
- A spare pair of pants and socks in a named bag in case of accidents
We highly recommend that your child’s name is clearly marked on all his/her clothes as this helps considerably when articles of clothing are misplaced or left behind in school.
Uniform may be purchased from our online shop using the following link:
Uniform orders will be available to be collected from the school office.